Sunday, July 27, 2008

Extreme Makeover---Homeward Bound Edition

Hey! Look what we did!




And by "we" I mean Daniel and our friend Chad. I pretty much tried to stay out of the way and not say helpful things like, "are you sure that goes there" and "is that really going to work" and "is the wall supposed to have a hole right there?" I am very supportive that way. (Sorry I didn't get a picture of Chad!)


We're making the room an office and for some reason we have it in our heads that an office needs a door. Not that either of us work from home. Well, you know. Work that needs an actual office. Although now Daniel might be able to work from home.

Wouldn't that be interesting? Wonder if we could handle that?


Here's where Daniel stepped in a tray of paint today. It flipped up on his leg and splattered everywhere, including the back of his shorts which we didn't realize until he sat on the ottoman. Nice.
And there was a wee bit of panic as (long story short) this was ALL the paint we had to cover the new part of the wall. As in if that little bit of paint didn't work we'd have to repaint the whole foyer, stairway, and upstairs hall. Praise God, it all worked out.


Daddy's little helper (notice the very fashionable tool belt)



Anyway, we're bringing the desk and files and office-y stuff down from the bonus/school/guest room and making it a little more kid-friendly. More school/play room with a sofa bed for guests. Anybody need a double bed?

Faith and I painted the inside last week. It's a great chocolate brown. I LOVE the color. Now I have to find some cute fabric to make curtains. I found a cool stripe yesterday that I think we'll go with. Now I have to find the motivation to actually make the curtains.

Anyone know where I can get that?

I'll post updates as we get more finished. I decided to go ahead and post this much because

1) I didn't have anything else to talk about and,

2) um, I didn't have anything else to talk about.


Hey! Speaking of Extreme Makeover, they are in our city this week! My friend Nicki's husband is one of the electricians for the project. Isn't that so cool!!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Ya'll did so good! It looks great and I am very proud of you for not saying helpful things. I am extremely good at those as well. Your helpful things sound like mine! Can't wait to see those curtains! You can do it girl!

Faith said...

Lookin' good over there! I am very impressed with all the work y'all did and can't wait to see the finished product...hey, you should do BooMama's before and after thingy!

Love the fabric you got for the curtains! Can't wait to see what magic you work in there!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

It looks great so far! Isn't it so hard to bite your tongue and not say "helpful things"?

Hey, I'm super behind on reading your posts, but I wanted to tell you I'm an Olympic lover too...and I am so counting the days!

The pic of your daughter helping in this post is precious!

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

Love your new doors!! Can't wait to see the finished product! Looks like fun!!

Michelle said...

Oh, it looks so good. They did a wonderful job. And what a cute little helper they had! I love her tool belt!
My brother-in-law and his family are soaking up the sun this week at OL ~ lucky them! they said it was HOT and I imagine so with this heat today. But I'd still rather be there sitting by the pool. =P
Michelle

Lisa said...

I am impressed! I have a list of thing to do at my house, can you send the "team" over when they are done there.