Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Best.Dad.Ever.

I knew I married a good man before tonight, but this night has sealed it.  Look what I saw when I got home from accountability group tonight.

                    008 - Copy

My husband let the kids open the new cupcake maker and MADE CUPCAKES!!!

AND THEY TOOK PICTURES!!!

Before I post the pictures, let me fill you in on what he said.  When I walked in I saw the open, empty box on the chair and two of the above cupcakes in the container on the table.  So I knew what was going on.  I said, "Oh my word!  You are the best dad!" 

Then I saw the look on his face.  The look that says "you've got to be kidding me" and "wait until you hear about it" and "aren't you lucky you weren't here". 

Let's just say it wasn't one of the sweet happy smiling faces that are on the box. 

He said it took forever to make 4 cupcakes.  Like seriously over an hour.  It uses the microwave, people!  What he actually said was, "It's not exactly an Easy Bake Oven."  And I had to remind him, since he's a boy and has probably never even seen an Easy Bake Oven, that those things cooked with a LIGHT BULB and a cupcake would have taken approximately 3 days to bake. 

Oh, the memories.

So anyway, here is the evidence. 

                       006

     No pics of actually baking them, but here's the icing process.

                       007

                 

                 The proud baker, complete with a fancy apron

                       001

            

                 I don't know what this is but he sure is cheesing.

                       002

 

                                 Candidate for best dad ever

                       003

                       004

 

                                                  More cheese

                       005

 

                                        The finished products

                       008

Again no pictures of them actually eating them, but I ate mine when I got home took a bite of mine. 

How can I put this?  Ever see the Friends episode about  the "mocolate", when Monica tries to make desserts from the fake chocolate for the guy from Laverne and Shirley?  That's what ran through my mind as I was running to the trash can.  (Have fun, Amy!)

8 comments:

Faith said...

Ha! I am so impressed. Pictures and everything...wow! He is a great dad and it sounds like it was at least fun, even if not really edible!

I totally remember the mocolate episode! So funny!

Rebecca Jo said...

What an incredible dad!!!!

Shoot - I had a Holly Hobby Easy Bake Oven... I LOVED that thing - but yeah - cooking via light bulbs... who thought of that???

Mulchy Mama said...

Brooke was just reading this with me and almost started crying b/c she wants one so bad!
Yeah, I read the reviews on that thing and pretty much all of them say the cupcakes taste awful....but apparently they're gluten-free for any of our friends with celiac disease (learned that thru the reviews too). But, I bet to Becca (and Brooke in the future) they tasted great! I've never thought Easy Bake 'goodies' were all that delicious either! :)
I will say I am impressed with Daniel!

Melissa said...

Daniel! You are dad of the year!! We need to get you a button to wear!! No, I am kidding. That's very sweet and I am not real sure that Steve would have tried it. I am very impressed that he thought it was a bloggable moment too! Hence the photos! HA!

Michelle said...

oh, how sweet! Those cupcakes do look yummy. Emily & Audrey have an easy bake oven and it drives me crazy! It takes forever for anything to cook.

Love Friends, don't remember that one though, will have to go check it out.

MiMi said...

What an awesome Dad! And he even took pictures and everything! I am sure that they had a great time doing it. Great memories being made!

Melissa Stover said...

what great memories they made! i hated our easy bake oven. i got rid of it right quick.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

He is the BEST dad ever. Baking with my kids (even with regular appliances) is torturous for me. My girls are begging for one of those for Christmas...and my sister wants to buy it for them. I'm hoping she changes her mind.