Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Tour of Homes

BooMamaChristmasTour

Welcome to my home!

While you're here, you can enjoy some Russian tea. That's my favorite drink of the season. My mom starts making it at Thanksgiving and we have it all through the holidays. It's super easy to make. And since you asked, here's the recipe!

Russian Tea

3 quarts of water

1 can pineapple juice

juice of 3 oranges

juice of 3 lemons

1 cup sugar

2 family size tea bags

2-3 cinnamon sticks

1 Tbs whole cloves

Combine all ingredients in large pot and simmer. Enjoy!!

(And don't even talk to me about the powdered kind. Sacrilege!)

When you came in you saw our fancy outdoor decorations.

005

We usually have garland and lights on the porch rails but I haven't gotten around to that yet, so it probably won't happen. But ENJOY THE WREATHS!!

My fancy artificial tree with no topper. In the office with a door so we can keep the puppy out. Just when I was past having to keep the kids away from it.....

006

And no tree skirt! Man, I am slack this year! ha! And yes, it has that kids-decorated-and-my-controlling-nature-didn't-take-over look. I'm so proud!

The kids' tree upstairs. Notice that THEY have a tree skirt.

011

Here's one of my favorite ornaments. My brother's girlfriend made clay ornaments for all the family last year and they are so cute. Don't you love the bald guy?

012

I try to buy a frame ornament every year. Here's last year's.

014

The TV limits my mantel decorating. I'm jealous of all the fancy mantels out there!

002

Notice the newly added extra stocking for the new puppy.

The stockings were handmade by my grandmother Mimi and my mom. Mimi made my stocking when I was little. She made Daniel's when we first got married. She started Rebecca's when I was pregnant with her but then developed brain cancer. My mom had to finish it for her. So when Hayes came along my mom made his stocking. Anyway those stockings are very special to me.

004

So thanks for stopping by! Visit BooMama's Tour of Homes post for more Christmas fun!!

13 comments:

Faith said...

I am loving your wreaths this year...they look so pretty. I've always loved your stockings and the sentimental value they hold. And now sweet little Hailey has a stocking too!

Looks great girlfriend!

Melissa said...

Look at YOU! I have a tree. And some garland. Ok, and some stockings, but that is about it! Too busy this year so we will try again next year for some better decorations!! But I love your wreaths and the kid tree is fun!

Rebecca Jo said...

Love seeing all the decorations! That's my favorite - just wreaths on windows - its classic, simple but very elegant!

Heather said...

Your house is so cute!! thanks so much for sharing! Merry Christmas!!

MiMi said...

I love your wreaths on your windows. Oh, and Russian Tea...YUM! I haven't had any of that in a long time and I think it's about time to make some! Thanks for sharing your recipe!

Thanks for inviting us in, too!

Marla Taviano said...

Russian Tea sounds scrummy!! Merry Christmas!

Amber Benge said...

Beautiful Christmas decorations! I found your blog while randomly looking through other NC bloggers. I just moved to Hudson, NC where my husband is a pastor. I was reading your profile and stopped by because I also love Karen Kingsbury! I'm also drawn to other sisters in Christ who like to read life changing fiction. :)

Ashleigh said...

Pretty neat that I got to see your Christmas decorations! Makes me a little sad that we don't live within walking distance like we did as children!!!! Those stockings were always a favorite thing of mine in your mom's house. What a treasure sweet Mimi passed on! ;o) Love you!

Sharon said...

What a beautiful home you have! The homemade family ornament is adorable! Can't wait to try the Russian Tea -- thanks for the recipe.

Thank you for the tour. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. God Bless!

Heather said...

I was going to tell you about our "Russian tea" made with Tang, but I take it you don't want to hear about that ;) The clay ornaments are too cute!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Beautiful! I love that you don't have a tree topper (at the moment I don't either) and I don't own a tree skirt. I just wrap some pretty fabric around the base.

Also love your stockings...especially the one for the pup.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful home. Thanks for sharing with us.

Best wishes to you and your family during this Christmas season.

Keetha Broyles said...

You get the prize for the BEST exterior I've seen. I LOVE all the wreaths - - - and your PORCH!!!

Don't have mantle envy - - - I personally think that simple is often better. I happen to LOVE your mantle.

Merry Christmas and thanks for inviting us over.