Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Month of Thankfulness–Day 7

Today I am thankful for my dad.  He recently had a pretty serious surgery and I am so happy to report that he won’t have to have any further treatment.  So now he recovers and my mom drives him around, which I know he LOVES.  (Sorry mom!)  heehee

I don’t know that I’m necessarily a “daddy’s girl.”  I think I’m probably equally a “daddy’s girl” and a “mama’s girl.”  Smile  But I love my daddy.  We are pretty close and I can talk to him about anything.  He’s got a fun/silly side and a serious/straight-laced side.  I think I got a little of both of those.  He’ll tell a joke he likes 50 times, until he’s told everyone he knows and will laugh just as hard the first time as the 50th.  Usually laughing till he’s crying and can’t even get the words out.  That always cracks me up. 

Growing up, my dad was strict and no-nonsense, while also being loving, gentle, and fun.  I always knew he loved me, even when he was upset with me or disappointed in my decisions.  My dad (and my mom) led me to Christ at a young age by their actions and their lives, not just with their words.  I wanted to love and serve the God they loved and served.  I had no problem believing that my Heavenly Father loved me because my earthly father pointed me to Him.

Aw, I didn’t know I was going to get all sappy when I started this!  So anyway, here’s my dad.  (My mom will probably kill me for posting this, but it’s literally the only one I could find!)

DSC06896

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoying your daily thankful blogs!!!! They're great!

Faith said...

Praising the Lord with you that all is well with your sweet Dad! God is so good.