Friday, November 19, 2010

Thankful on the 19th (See? Every other day!)

Today I’m thankful for what the Lord is doing in our lives.  I haven’t blogged about this particular thing and I don’t really know why.  Most of our IRL friends already know, so maybe this is a surprise for about 3 of you. ha!

We’re adopting!  It’s been about 9 months since the Lord started working in our hearts about this, beginning with a conversation with a dear friend.  We’ve chosen to adopt domestically and all of our paperwork in finished.  So right now we’re just waiting and praying.  You are welcome to pray with us!  So excited to see what He will do!

“Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from becoming polluted by the world."  James 1:27

5 comments:

Heather said...

How exciting!!!!! That is so wonderful!

Faith said...

Yay!! I can't tell you how often I think about this and get so excited for y'all. I really can't wait to see what God does for your family. Yippee!!!

Check out this post by my friend Mandi - http://immeasurablymoreblog.blogspot.com/2010/11/thinking-aboutthinking-about-adoption.html

Melissa said...

I was wondering if there had been any word! I think about it too and know that God is going to do something so wonderful through this.

Anonymous said...

You just made me cry. So excited for you guys and so thankful to know how to pray.

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

Um...hello! I am one of the three people!! :) HOW AWESOME!!! So excited for you!!!