Tuesday, April 28, 2009

American Idol - Top 5

This. Is. American Idol.  Rat Pack style. 

And everybody's sporting suits.  Some a little, ahem, brighter than others.

And either it's Prom Night for the girl judges or they're dressing for the genre.  Gotta give it up for a girl who likes a theme. 

AND the mentor is....Jamie Foxx?  Really, Idol?  Really?  Couldn't get Michael Buble, huh?

Kris - "The Way You Look Tonight"   Oh bless it.  These kids today just don't wear the tie clips, do they?  Wow, Jamie Foxx is really complimentary of Kris.  I think this song fits his voice and style so well.  Swoon.  Just sayin'.  In it to WIN it, dawg! 

Allison - "Someone To Watch Over Me"  Happy birthday!!  Ok, I might have to take back my initial reaction to Foxx.  He's got some good advice.  She knocked that out of the park.  Although I think I'd like her, just ONE WEEK, to please sing something YOUNG.  Not sure what that would have been this week, but still.  And I'd like to ask Simon what 17 year old do you know that has the kind of confidence he's talking about?  Or maybe that's just me channeling my inner 17 yr old. Never mind.

Matt - "My Funny Valentine"  Ok, so if anybody could kick this theme's hiney, it's Matt.  I figured he'd be at the piano where he's more comfortable.  Might be a mistake. Not the strongest voice in the bunch.  I'm not crazy about it.  Is he pitchy?  I don't know, but I'm very surprised at Simon's critique.

I really want some chocolate right now.  Think I could talk Daniel into going to get Frosty's? 

Danny - "Come Rain or Come Shine"  Jamie's all in Danny's personal space.  All up in his GRILL.  That some kind of weird acting technique?  How about some French cuffs and cuff links.  And a pocket square.  I think this is one of my favorite performances of his.  I'd stand up and clap if I didn't have this dern laptop on my lap.  (Burning the tar out of my thighs, I might add.)  Bravo, buddy!  Bravo!  Hey!  I understood everything Paula said!  STELLAR!

He's making fruit smoothies instead.  Oh well.

Adam -  "Feeling Good"  Can we just have ONE WEEK WITHOUT ALL THE SCREAMING?  Ok, I'm expecting him to start stripping.  Tell me you didn't think that when he's walking down the steps.  Sorry.  Anyway, I know he has a huge audience and he'll probably win, yada yada yada.  Really, Randy?  A little theatrical and dramatic?  And Paula.  I'm sure Michael Phelps loved that comparison.  Or maybe he needs the positive press right now. 

My fave of the night--- Danny and Kris

In trouble---Matt. 

Go over to BooMama's to see other Idol recaps.

8 comments:

MiMi said...

Well....another great recap! I think there is more talent this year in the final 5 than I ever recall in past years. I agree that Matt should have probably been at the piano.

It will be interesting to see who wins! Thanks for the update!

Heather said...

Cracking me up about the stripping! PLEASE don't let Adam win!!! Definitely the strongest top 5 since I have been watching the last 3 years. Love Kris and Danny. I like Allison, too. Matt will probably go home. Love your update, but wish you had gotten a frosty! :)

Kendra Haneline said...

Okay, this is freaky... after Allison sang, I told my hubby that I wanted a Blizzard b/c I needed chocolate. So, I pressed stop on the dvd player & ran to DQ... I was really going out to pick up Kensley's medicine but why not just drive across the street & curb my chocolate craving. Man... almost thinking it at the same time.

Also, same thoughts about Adam. Please keep the tongue contained whilst screaming or either don't make that a close up shot. GROSS! Love me some Matt, but I'm afraid he might be in trouble.

Michelle said...

i never watch idol so I get a big kick out of reading your recaps. I always pop over to youtube afterwards!

Kritter Krit said...

I laughed out loud at your Adam "stripping" comment. Seriously, he's gonna do it! Just get him anywhere NEAR a pole and it's all over! And you're right - Jamie did give some good advice to Allison.

That said. Here’s my two (totally worthless) cents on the matter…

I think AI is rigged. Well, maybe not “rigged” exactly, but I definitely think Simon has an agenda. One he pushes - heavily. I mean, he’ll say something negative about a performance (even if it was flawless - even if I think HE THINKS it was flawless) just to try to sway the voters. Take Allison for example. She was pretty darn close to perfection last night. Looked great, sounded amazing. Strong, pure power in her voice. What’s to complain about? Enter Simon, who claims she “doesn’t care about winning”. Ha! I think the man fancies himself a Puppeteer. Ooo ah ah… Pull the strings and watch America dance to my commands.

It really irks me sometimes.

Hmm. Perhaps I’m a tad too emotionally invested in this stinkin’ show. Whoops.

Faith said...

Love this! I like me some Jamie Fox and I thought he did good with them. Loved Kris's performance....brought me back to December 9, 2000 dancing my first dance with my husband =) Danny was awesome and oh I do pray that Adam does not win this thing!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I didn't watch the whole show...only Kris Allen...and I've only recently (as in TWO weeks ago) started watching AI at all.

I started because of Kris Allen. All my Arkansas friends begged me to watch and vote for him. He's the worship leader at their church. I think he's GREAT.

Rachel said...

Thanks for stopping by Must Share! Yes - some Chris Tomlin, David Crowder, Shane and Shane. Don't they usually do an inspirational night? Would they dare sing some Jesus music? I would bust out the phone and VOTE for that. (I never vote...) It cracks me up when they say they don't know what kind of album Danny would cut... I hope he would do a Christian album. That would be sweet.