Friday, May 1, 2009

Scripture Memory - Verse 9

These weeks are just flying by!  It's already time to pick another one! 

Time to test myself:

Let us then come before the throne of grace with confidence so that we can receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of  need.  Hebrews 4:16

For this next verse, I'm switching translations.  I know you're shocked.  I like the KJV and NKJV of this verse since it uses the word "fear" instead of "timidity."

Here it is:

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind."  2 Timothy 1:7 (NKJV)

Now I have to go write it on the plate

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Thanks for posting this! I needed to read that He gives us a sound mind and no fear. Just trying to seek Him in decisions and knowing that He will give us clarity is so comforting.
Love you! Miss you! :)

Faith said...

Great verse - I want a sound mind too! I also want one of those plates so I can write my verse on it too. Ha!

MiMi said...

Another great verse! This has really been awesome committing these verses to memory, hasn't it?