Thursday, April 2, 2009

Scripture Memory, Verse 7

I picked out my verse for the next 2 weeks yesterday and even wrote it in my notebook but never got around to posting about it.  It's just par for the course lately around here.  As I sit in my pj's at noon.  Sigh.

Here's the verse I've been working on:

"The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save.  He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love.  He will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17

I've struggled with the exact wording on this one for some reason.  But I get the overall meaning of the verse and I don't want to be all legalistic.  I'm going to keep working on this one in addition to my new one.  Especially the "quiet you with His love" part.  Sometimes I just need to be quieted by Him. 

My new verse:

16Be joyful always; 17pray continually; 18give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

-----------------------------------------------------------

If you've been praying for Jennifer and Stellan, you'll want to check this out.  Her local news channel did an interview and story on them earlier this week. 

3 comments:

Faith said...

Great, and challenging, verse.

And, how neat was that news story?? Once again I'm amazed by this wonderful blogging community!

Enjoy your awesome date night tonight =)

Melissa said...

Love the verse and love you! :)

MiMi said...

Such a great verse and a very challenging one, too. I love that we are doing this scripture memorization together. It has really been awesome to see how God uses these verses in our lives, hasn't it?

Hope to see you on Sunday!