Tuesday, March 9, 2010

American Idol - Top 16 - Girls

Let's get right to it. 

Katie - Breakaway  Don't know if this was the right song choice for her or not.  She seemed flat? sharp? something to me.  Not crazy about this.

Siobhan - House of the Rising Sun  Girl's got pipes.  I love that you never know what she'll wear or sing.  Such an original, that girl.

Can you tell they're trying to cram this into an hour show? No video clips and Ryan and Siobhan barely got off the stage before Lacey started singing. 

Lacey - The Story  I really like her voice.  I don't think this will be the best performance of the night, but I liked it a lot.  She seemed relaxed and in her element with this song.

Katelyn - I Feel the Earth Move  Karaoke comments?  Any bets?  Not as good as last week by far but I think the vocals were good.  They should be since she's top 16 and all but I totally agree with the judges.  Too safe and she didn't seem like she was competing.  Bummer.  And I think Simon's restaurant comment counts as karaoke.

Didi - Rhiannon  I SO love her voice. WAY better the Lean on Me last week.  Great song for her.  I loved it.  Loved it.  Love the bag, love the shoes, love everything. (Movie?)

Paige - Smile  This was a little rough.  Shaky and pitchy, right?  Yikes. 

Crystal - Give Me One Reason  HOW does this girl not already have a contract?  I like this better than the original.  Killed it.  And love her earrings. 

Lily - I Fall To Pieces  Seriously just go ahead and put her and Crystal in the finals.  Do not pass GO, do not collect $200.  Straight to the finals. 

Paige and Katie should go.  Maybe Katelyn.  And after that, seeing any of these girls go will be a tragedy.  Ok, maybe tragedy is a little dramatic.  But sad, it will be sad.

Time to get Lost!

2 comments:

Joyce said...

Actually I liked that the show moved fast because, seriously, what was up with all the slow, sort of depressing songs?

I love Crystal and I'm rooting for Didi too...

Heather said...

GIRL- I want to be your friend in real life because we both love all the same movies and love to use movie lines. It's "MY BEST FRIEND'S WEDDING" and I love it!!!! :) Agree with all your comments on girls and boys this week. I hope Katelyn gets one more chance, because I think she is a cutie. Loved Ellen's hug tonight...and I like that Tim Urban did better.
Can't wait for results tomorrow!
Have a great day!