Monday, August 18, 2008

School Days, School Days

We officially started school today. Yay! We've had a great summer, but I was kind of ready to get back in the swing of things. The kids weren't terribly excited about giving up most of their play time, but they were looking forward to getting into their new books and workbooks.


I even made a schedule. But you know, one of the best things about homeschooling is the flexibility. So of course, first thing this morning my schedule was trashed. The kids slept until almost 8:30! They NEVER do that. They're usually up by 7, no matter when they go to bed.


It was pretty funny. And my friends put it in perspective for me. I had plenty of time to get myself up, have my quiet time, get ready to go to the gym, eat breakfast, and check email-----all before they got out of bed! And I had rested children for the first day of school! Is God good or what?





These are the faces I got when I pointed the camera and said "First day of school! What do you think?"









Second grade!!
Writing her spelling words





We're working on basic pre-school stuff with Hayes. I made a little About Me booklet for him. He had to trace his name and draw pictures of himself and the family. I also wrote down his favorite color, favorite toys, and favorite foods.


After making Rice Krispie treats today, his new favorite food is "smarshsmellows". He says it like that every time and it cracks me up!








Tracing letters in his very expensive Target curriculum workbook.












Reading with mom. (See, I even got dressed today! Gym clothes totally count.)









I just realized I have more pictures of Hayes from today than Becca. Sorry Becca!
This is going to be a great year. Different, but great. I'm so blessed!

4 comments:

Faith said...

I'm so glad that ya'll had a great first day!! I think those might be the cutest little pupils ever! (Does anyone say "pupil" anymore???)

Hope this year of 2nd grade and pre-school are wonderful!!! Praying for the teacher too!!

Anonymous said...

Awww aren't they just the cutest kids doing their schoolwork! Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I will be praying for wisdom and patience for you this school year! Look forward to hearing more from you and see pictures of the cuties!

MiMi said...

I love the first day of school pics! I am glad that they slept in and gave you some good "alone time". God is good!
Praying for you guys!

Lisa said...

Hope you have a great year! We will start 3rd grade and preschool after our vacation, which starts today! I love the pictures of the kids and their school work. The best is of y'all on the couch together....sums it all up.