Wednesday, March 25, 2009

American Idol - Top 10

Well, I'm getting a late start tonight.  It's already 9:30 and I'm just watching.  Bright side---- I get to fast forward through all the commercials AND Paula's comments  so, you know, YAY!

Motown Week! 

(We're trying to hang a ledge for pictures (from IKEA!) tonight as well.  So who knows how this is going to go.  I already have to pause it!)

Matt Giraud - "Let's Get it On"  Ok is it just me or is he dressed a little geeky for this sexy song?  I already saw this performance at my brother's earlier tonight, but I couldn't really hear it.  Nobody can really compete with Marvin Gaye singing this, so it's good he's making it his own.  I like the falsetto parts.  Well done.

(Is anyone else as grossed out as I am over the Osbourne's new show?  That guy kissing the grandma makes me gag.)

Kris Allen - "How Sweet It Is"  I love me some Kris Allen and apparently so does Smokey Robinson.  I'm seriously hating his shirt.  That was reeeeallly good.  I disagree with Simon about him needing to be conceited.  There's a difference in believing in yourself and being conceited.  Keep it real, Kris!

Scott MacIntyre - "You Can't Hurry Love"  I'm not quoting my husband but there may have just been a comment about vision problems and those pants.  Kind of weird song choice for a guy, but he's going to make it original I'm pretty sure.  (Who's seeing Runaway Bride in their heads?)  He's not the strongest voice of the competition but dude can play some piano.  That was pretty good.  Definite great performance, vocals pretty good.  (Oh how funny was that about the pants!  They didn't tell him they were pink until 10 min before!  That's just wrong.)

Megan Joy - "For Once In My Life"  I'm not so sure her voice is great for this song.  I'm not loving it.  Granted I was reading an email from my friend Ashleigh to Daniel while she was singing, but I didn't like it.  And now apparently the judges aren't feeling it either.  But man, girlfriend is flat out gorgeous. 

Anoop Dawg Desai - "Ooo Baby Baby"  He's gonna have to HIT those notes or it will be baaad.  Sounds good to me but we all know I'm not a music genius.  I liked it.  Tough song and he did great.  I must say I really like Kara this year as a coherent female voice on the panel. 

(The picture ledge is hung!  Yay!  It looks so cool!)

Michael Sarver  - "Ain't Too Proud To Beg"  This song always makes me want to dance.  It's hard to type and dance.  That was ok.  He's still at least 4th or 5th behind some of the other guys in my opinion. 

Seriously what is up with Randy's sweater? 

Lil Rounds - "Heat Wave"  Well at least she's dressed for the genre this week.  That pink prom dress for country week was killing me.  I feel like she's screaming at me.  She's got a great voice, but she's just yelling.  It was just ok for me.

Adam Lambert - "The Tracks of My Tears"  Oh what up with the hair?  I fast forwarded through the beginning so I'm just seeing this.  He doesn't even look like the same guy.  Maybe he should have done that for the Johnny Cash song.  Or Elvis week.   I don't want to like him, I really don't, but that was great.  Original and just awesome.  Props to you, dude.

Danny Gokey - "Get Ready"  He didn't take Smokey's advice.  I still like it though.  I usually agree with Simon but not on this one.  They are rushing.   They better not go late or my DVR will cut off!!!

Allison Iraheta - "Papa Was A Rollin' Stone"  Good song choice for her voice.  I'm thinking the performance of the night.  That last note was outstanding.  Maybe Simon and Paula should pay attention to the performances instead of drawing on each other.  Ya think?

Ok, no time to proof this.  I've got a load of clothes to fold and my bed is calling!  Peace out!

4 comments:

Faith said...

I did like Kris a lot too. I'm so with you on Adam, I really wasn't wanting to like him, but last night was so good!

Can't wait to see the new ledge!! It's going to make me want one though! (I'll have to keep reminding myself thou shall not covet, thou shall not covet....)

Ashleigh said...

I actually voted last night. And I don't ever do that!! You are right about Megan! She is so pretty!! And I HATE the tattoo!! But, I want her to stay longer. I like her unique voice. But, didn't like last night's song. You should see the coverage that Anoop is getting here in Raleigh. He was on some show back in the late 90s. Go to wral.com and check the story out!! Funny.
I also think Adam is so good, but he is weird. I wasn't with his look last night either...however I am not sure I am with his look ever?! Did like the lack of make-up on him!!
A ledge for pictures! Neat. You have to take pictures and post!! Need to see that!

Kendra Haneline said...

when i saw on FB that you were coming home from Mark's I about freaked out & thought "does she know that idol is on tonight?" i'm probably the only person in the world who doesn't have dvr, so that never enters my mind. glad you have your recaps... i'm with you on addam. my hubby really likes him, but something about his "air" makes me not like him.... no matter how good he sings.

Heather said...

Love it!! I agree- Megan is just so pretty....but I think she's in trouble. I think Michael Sarver will go home tonight, and he should. I love what Kris said to Simon....he is (was?) a worship leader at a big church here in our town so I'm sure he knows the difference between confidence and conceit. It's called JESUS, Simon....and you don't get it. :)