Sunday, March 15, 2009

Scripture Memory - Verse 6

It's time to pick a new scripture to memorize for LPM's challenge.

Here's last time's:

"Since then we know what it is to fear the Lord, we try to persuade men.  What we are in plain to God and I hope it is also plain to your conscience. "  2 Corinthians 5:11 (NIV)

 

For the next 2 weeks I'll be memorizing Zephaniah 3:17:

"The LORD your God is with you,
       he is mighty to save.
       He will take great delight in you,
       he will quiet you with his love,
       he will rejoice over you with singing."

I read that in my Jesus Calling book this week and I knew I needed to commit it to memory.  It also makes me sing "Mighty to Save" every time I say it, so that's always good!  Love that song! 

Happy memorizing!  (It's not to late to join in!!)  Go here.  There's gonna be a party at the end!!

4 comments:

MiMi said...

Love the verse that you selected and what a great one to commit to memory. I love the song "Mighty To Save", too, and that's just an added benefit if the verse makes you sing every time you say it.

So good to see you and your precious family today. Hope you have a blessed week!

Deidre said...

I want to go to the party!!! I couldn't wait to tell Eric about it - sounds fun, doesn't it?

I love that verse! Great one to memorize.

Faith said...

I LOVE those verses! I think I will be adding those to my list to memorize at some point because they are so good.

Man, I've got a lot of great trips to be saving for! That party sounds so fun!!!

Valarie said...

GIRL! At one of the Beth Moore conferences she shared this verse with us and check this out...the Hebrew word for "singing" means to spin with joy!!! Girl, God is dancin' over you!!! DON'T YOU LOVE THAT?!

Thanks for reminding me!!!
Love ya!