Thursday, March 5, 2009

American Idol - Top 36 - Wild Card

I didn't realize there was even a show tonight!  And I had big plans to iron my new curtains while I watched Survivor and The Office.  What to do, what to do? 

And they better hope they put Tatiana at the end because if I have to start my night off listening to her drama I might just turn it on over to Survivor and then we'd have a very short post. 

Oh look, she's NEXT TO LAST!  And Anoop Dawg is last!  So you know I totally have to watch until the end.  Those sneaky little Idol people. 

As I said on Facebook today, if Tatiana makes it to the Top 12 then AI is dead to me.  That's it, I'm DONE!  I'm just sayin'. 

Here we go.  (Didn't we just do this?)

Jesse Langseth - "Tell Me Something Good"  I like her voice but I don't think this was a great performance. 

Matt Giraud - "Who's Lovin' You"    Not loving the scarf, but that's neither here nor there, I guess.  Interesting, fits his style.  Good choice for him.  He sang, what?  3 lines of the song?  That's weird.  How long are they giving them to sing, like 25 seconds?

Megan Joy Corkrey - "Black Horse and The Cherry Tree"  Oh it's the shimmy, twisty dance again.  STOP IT!  Remembering Katherine McPhee singing this.  It was ok for me.  I like her so I'm torn. 

Von Smith - "Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word"  Starting out weak.  What is up with his hair?  I didn't really like it. 

(Oh for goodness sake, spit it out already, Paula.)

Jasmine Murray - "Reflection"  I love her so I'm pulling for her.  Good song choice.  Way better than her last time.  You go girl!

Ricky Braddy - "Superstition"  I'm so glad he is getting a second chance.  He got cheated the first time since no one had even LAID EYES ON HIM before the first Top 36 show.  He rocked it!  He's representin' the Tar Heel state well!

Tatiana Del Toro - "Saving All My Love For You"  All I'm sayin' is don't let her talk.  And right off the bat, she talks.  And, WHITNEY!  She's wearing Paula's bracelet.  Girl can sing, so maybe if there's a clause that she can't talk or cry or thank anybody, it would be ok.  Oh, SHUT UP ALREADY.  That's all.

Anoop Desai - "My Perogative"  Didn't he sing this already?  I don't care.  I love the 'Noop Dawg.  (But seriously what was up with the tie in the clip?  Is that a Carolina frat boy thing?) 

Uh oh, Simon's comment about putting personality through makes me nervous! 

I pick Jasmine, Ricky, and Anoop. 

We'll see what the judges say.  I'm going to iron during the commercials. Back in a flash.

Well, 2 out of 3 ain't bad.  And yay for Top 13! 

Finally, The Office is new!  Later!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

I don't understand the new accent that Tatianna had! WHAT'S UP WITH THAT? She drives me CRAZY!!

Kendra Haneline said...

i'm with you on the tatiana thing... man she's a strange individual. i guess that had to pull in ratings for one more week. SO glad she didn't make it. what's up with the bowing at the judges table?????? i picked the same ones you did. LOVE the Office... fave show!

Ashleigh said...

Great, Anoop made it. That was all I cared about...don't know why. He IS a Tarhole, but I like him. The DVR quit recording and we almost didn't get to see what happened...but thankfully our short-term memory goes back far enough that we just rewound it to see. Am so thankful that Tatiana didn't make it...even though she is talented...she it just WAY too annoying.

Anonymous said...

I was honestly sad to see Von leave even though he has a habit of sing out the side of his mouth... he could have done great things if he sang the right songs

Faith said...

Words cannot express how glad I am that Tatiana did not make it. She was totally being a Jorge wannabe with the accent and thinking if it worked for him maybe it would work for her too. CRAZY!!

Yay for Anoop and the top 13!!

Shauna said...

I am new here! What an awesome blog! Hope you are having a great weekend!