Saturday, March 28, 2009

Missions and Fundraising

If you've been reading my blog for more than 5 months (or if you know me in real life!), you know I've been on a few mission trips to Brazil in the past year and a half.

And I'm so excited because WE'RE GOING BACK!!!!

Daniel has the opportunity to go on a vision trip to the Amazon in June. Y'all, I'm talking canoes, tents, and fishing for piranhas. So yes, we have a little bit of crazy up in here!

Now in September, the saner of the two of us is going back to Solidao. Well, he's going too because he's LEADING the trip. See, I told you. CRAZY.

AND we are super excited that our friends Chad and Faith have finally decided to go with us! We've been bugging them to go since we went the first time, so I'm pretty sure they're only going so we'll get off their backs. Nah, actually Faith wrote a great post today all about why they are REALLY going.

Of course the funding for these trips is always an issue. We're starting fundraising early this time, as in on April 16!! You can go here to find out about World Outback Ministries and the golf tournament fundraiser.

More than anything, we covet your prayers. We can't and don't want to go without being bathed in prayer. You can pray for the team as it comes together, travel, health, opportunities for sharing the gospel, and the people in the villages that we'll visit.

DSC01381

Right here's what it's all about.

4 comments:

MiMi said...

How exciting! I will definitely be praying!

Love that precious picture!

Faith said...

Yes, yes, yes!!! I am so excited and CAN'T WAIT to see what God has in store. Outback of Brazil, here we come!!

Traci said...

I left a piece of me in Brazil... I have such a love for them (and other Latino areas :) )They are beautiful people and I wish I were going too! Looks like we'll be helping out in May for another fund raiser, yippee!

Unknown said...

This sounds great - I found your blog from Jenna's and I'm looking forward to reading more. I'm all about missions :-)