Friday, March 13, 2009

It's Official. I'm old.

I've just spent the last 5 days with 5 teenaged boys and 1 teenaged girl.  And the verdict is.....I'm old. 

I'm 36.  And I really do realize that's not THAT old.  And most days, I don't feel old at all.  I actually still feel like I'm in my 20s. 

But this week I found myself watching Kanye West on Idol and fussing at him for not pulling up his pants.  I had never heard the song he was "singing" and felt very out of the loop. 

Add that to the fact that said teenaged boys were laughing at the adults, (me included, whendidibecomeanadult?) for judging Kanye's clothing and song choices and you have a recipe for feeling like an old lady. 

Oh and plus we totally watched hours of FOX News. 

I have never felt more like my father.  Have mercy.  (No offense, Dad.)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

well.....it's been offical for a while but i think you have just been in denial. it okay though...your old friends like you.

Faith said...

Oh, I have no doubt y'all were watching you some Fox News!

I do not think you are old at all, but if it helps any, your young friends love you too ;-)

Kendra Haneline said...

i thought the same thing about kanye's pants and did that song even make sense????? no, you are NOT old.

Niki said...

lol I'm 36 also and like you, I don't feel old. I too feel like I'm still in my 20s.

I made a comment about Kanye's pants also. "He needs to pull his britches up."

MiMi said...

Oh, girl, we watch Fox News 24/7 in this house! We go to sleep to it and wake to it most mornings!

I thought the same thing about Kanye's pants! Thank goodness for DVR 'cause I just fast-forwarded right on through that!

Your VERY old friends like you, too! (-;

Melissa said...

How funny! I know you probably FELT old, but in reality you (and the other "old people") are in your right minds! Mr. West needs a lyric coach! AND a clothing coach! Steve said that he wrote those lyrics on the way to the show! (and we all think he's old! ha!)

Ashleigh said...

This YOUNG friend of yours loves you too!!! ;o) Old and all!

Anonymous said...

I don't think you are old Mrs. Jennifer.......i happen to like that song but i agree it wasn't good live!!!!!