Tuesday, March 3, 2009

American Idol - Top 36 - Week 3

Top 36, round 3 for this odd little season on AI.  Also known as the Season Of The Poor Song Choice.  Finger crossed!

Von Smith - "You're All I Need To Get By"  He was warned about screaming at people in Hollywood.  I feel a little screamed at  already.  Maybe next time he can be a little more expressive.   I'm with Simon on the outfit.  Hate it.

Taylor Vaifanua - "If I've Got You"  Not crazy about the beginning but half way through it got way better.  She's good.  I liked it but it might be forgettable.  What in the sam hill is up with Paula's necklace?  On the up side Ryan's stylist seems to be back from vacation.

Alex Wagner-Trugman - "I Guess That's Why They Call It the Blues"  He's a funny kid.  Losing points for the dancing.  And the growling.   He's a little young to be singing about stuff going on under the covers, don't you think?  Awkward.  He's a cutie, but I'm not crazy about that performance.  Now I kind of feel like I've kicked a puppy.

Arianna Afsar - "The Winner Takes It All"  Love me some ABBA. This one is probably too old for her though.  The judges are going to hate it unless she knocks it out of the park.  Well, I think the last half was better than the first, but she struggled.  She's just so cute.  Say it with me.  AS A BUTTON.  Oh bless her.   

Ju'not Joyner - "Hey There, Dehlila"  Not exactly starting out as a fun and lively guy.  I'm bored.  I did not like that.  I have never heard that song and I don't like it at all.  And BAM, the judges love it.  This is why Kara replaced me this year.  Why do people even read this?

Kristen McNamara - "Give Me One Reason" Ok, I didn't know it was possible to have a "boo-boo" at the hair stylist and end up with purple hair.  Let's all hope that isn't a common problem.  Finally an upbeat song.  Girlfriend can SING. 

Nathaniel "Drama Queen" Marshall - "I Would Do Anything For Love"  Somebody go snatch that headband off his head.  I remember his back story from Hollywood week.  Lives with his grandma, parents aren't around.  I feel sorry for the guy.  He's definitely searching for something.  Oh somebody share Jesus with him.  That was ok.  He might make it through just on personality. 

Felicia Barton - "No One"  I liked it a lot.  She kind of sounds like Nelly Furtado.  Glad she got to come back.  Bravo.

Scott MacIntyre - "Mandolin Rain"  It's ok.  A couple of rough spots.  I really like him.  He does better with the piano so I hope he gets through.  High five, dude!

Kendall Beard - "This One's For the Girls"   I bet she can belt out some Martina.  Not that I necessarily remember her belting out anything.  Good song choice.  Maybe I spoke too soon.  It was ok.  Not great.  She struggled to hit some notes.  But great dress.

Jorge Nunez - "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me"  He did way better than I expected him too.  I really liked it!  REEEallly, reeeeally good, dawg.  I love that he said when he gets so excited he can't think in English.  I know how he feels. 

Lil Rounds - "Be Without You"  Love Lil!  And seriously, what a name.  Lil Rounds.  First, she looks beautiful.   Best performance of the night for me.  She's going FAR.  Far, I tell you. 

My picks are Lil, Scott, and either Jorge or Kristen.  I can't pick 3.  And you can't make me.

4 comments:

Kendra Haneline said...

Oh, I just love these. Hilarious! Lil is my fave by far... no one else has really stuck out for me (well, I did fall asleep last week, but that's beside the point... i was adjusting to a 3 hr time difference)except for Danny Goeke... LOVE him! Nate did sing The Anchor Holds by Ray Boltz during Hollywood Week... i wonder if he is a Christian? Regardless, PLEASE do something with all the facial jewelry & that stupid headband. I don't care what kind of statement he's trying to make, it looks really dumb.

Melissa said...

You ain't right and I agreed with everyone of those. AND I laughed! :) YOu are so funny... love you!

Ashleigh said...

LOVE this! I like Scott. And I agree that "Lil" is really good too. But I am struggling with the name. And if someone doesn't tell that guy to quit with the headband I am gonna scream. I can't even watch him. Now I wish you would have done this over the Bachelor!

Faith said...

I haven't watched yet, so I'm out of the loop and have nothing to add =( I have so much tv to catch up on...agh!